Sunday, February 20, 2011

I used the wrong word: its grief, not guilt

I used the wrong word before.  I knew it almost right away, but I had to take some time to mull it over as to how to explain it.
From the entry Simple Woman's Daybook for 12-29 the "on my mind..." section.  I'm still not totally sure.  I think its one of those areas where you constantly grow and change.  Instead of guilt, I think I should have said grief.
Misinterpreted guilt.  Grief over paganism, it's strength and dominance in this world.  At the time I was really dealing with some of the paganism in the Christmas holiday on a personal level.  I've searched many blogs, websites, videos, ministries, books, and discussed with a few knowledgeable close friends and family members.  I've come to understand what many of today's traditions originally meant, and for me obedience to my Savior means leaving those things behind and altering my behavior.   I move forward in a more biblical manner. 
These Christian holidays used to be my favorite.  My heart was always bent to try to honor Him.  I think that's still what most Christians are trying to do.  But in reality, the celebrations are more honoring to pagan gods, not YHVH.  I know G-d knows my heart, but as I begin to know His heart, I believe turning from these holidays will please him more. That is where I want my focus to be - on His heart, and what his desires are.  As I move forward in this love relationship, I am invited further in to discover more truth, and to greater moral standards, and to blessed freedoms. 
So I am grieved: Yeast is permeating the whole earth through Christmas - Satan's added to truth that exists in the beauty of Yeshua's birth.  Satan places a sticker that says "Fresh" on a piece of rotten stinking meat, and the church has purchased it at a premium price.  Christmas is celebrated throughout the world.  The message is even passed on to unbelievers, and they celebrate as well.
The Bible tells us that there will be evil everywhere, "as in the days of Noah." (Matthew 24:37-41) This signals that the time of his return is coming.  We need to prepare our hearts, and be about the sharing of his message.  Those who know the Truth can be comforted, knowing our future is secure.  We should not only take comfort in that but also rejoice!  Our beloved is coming for his Bride!

No comments:

Post a Comment