Sunday, November 21, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook Nov. 21, 2010

I've followed a few other mom's blogs who've had a roll going on these little entries.  They are somewhat mundane but interesting all the same.  Here's the "Mess" I'm in today...


Outside my window... we're enjoying unusually warm temps and night has fallen, too early once again.  I struggle with the short days.  I enjoy warm cups to drink however, so its a trade off.


I am thinking... of how deeply I am engrafted into the flow of this river of life, this mayim chaim, and of how there is such a depth that I have never known before.  And I can't wait to get more.  And more.

I am grateful for... this relative quiet - it is really nice.  I hate that the baby is not feeling well, but I'm SO grateful that she is sleeping a lot today, cause Mama ain't feelin' so grand either.

From the learning rooms...  I am considering lesson planning for tomorrow, and how to do school without printouts.  I've just discovered my printer REQUIRES 2 black cartridges to operate.  Didn't even know it had 2 cartridges until I put the other new one in...  Hmm....  Regardless we will have a very light week this week due to Thanksgiving.  Planning a craft where everyone writes their "thankful" items on a leaf and tacks it to a paper tree.  We did that last year and left it up till the new year.

From the kitchen... take out today.  Thank you honey!  Mommy's been mostly absent from there today trying to get baby, et. al. "homeopathized" from this darn virus before holiday guests arrive.


I am wearing...  sweatshirt, t-shirt, jersey knit pants, and a bandana.  No socks because DH shampooed the carpets today, and they got soggy.  He worked hard today and is rewarding himself with a movie while we lay low.


I am creating... channukah decorations and thinking about making tallit bags for DH and a friend of ours.  I have been looking at www.creativejewishmom.com for decor ideas.  This will be our first year to celebrate and we are very excited.


I am going... to the library in the morning to get DD's much anticipated book from the hold shelf.  And then to a friends to get trained on how to care for her small 'farm' while she leaves town for the week.


I am currently reading...
no books right now, highly unusual!  Sort of looking at a John Hagee book, but having trouble getting into it.  Voraciously gobbling up the parashot in the Complete Jewish Bible though.  Last weeks was so good - how we struggle just like Jacob did, with G*d, and how we need to lose to him so that we can ultimately win.  No?


I am hoping...  for some good sleep tonight, and for a healthy week, and for our pharmacy (that we drive courier for) to get us out on time this week.


I am hearing ... DS1 watching TV, DS2 clicking away at the mouse.

On my mind...
  waiting on the Lord on our housing "issues."  Believing that we are to have more property and that He will bless us with that.  Chickens, goats, garden.  Difficult in a subdivision...

Noticing that... nothing fell apart today, and I wasn't running around like crazy to prevent it.  How nice!  (Insert sigh here.)

Around the house... we are in limbo on a lot of mini-projects, but DH has a week off starting Thursday (YAY!) and they will get done at that point we hope!


One of my favorite things... is getting ready for the "holiday" season, which is nearly upon us.  This will be such a different year for us, as we are still discovering the biblical holidays.  They are such a gift.  Excited to experience Channukah for the first time. 

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:  My little brother coming in for Thanksgiving on Thursday with his family.  We will celebrate on Friday when my local SIL is off work, and have DH's niece join us as well.  DH wants to hit black Friday sales.  Oy vey.

Photo to share...



Ana "huggy dawgy awgy"

No comments:

Post a Comment